Information before you book:
- I’m afraid I’m unable to offer treatments to ladies if you are in your first trimester of pregnancy and also if you are in the first 6 weeks post partum.
- If you have had surgery in the past 6months I will not be able to work on that speficic area.
- I may require a doctor’s note for anyone with any medical conditions before treatments can be performed. Please see below.
- If you are unable to make your appointment, please contact me as soon as possible.
If you have a medical condition:
If you have any of the following conditions I’d advise you to speak with your doctor before booking a massage. Although very rare, massage coulld agrevate certain conditions or cause an adverse effect such as light headedness, dizziness, or nausea if you suffer from any of the below.
- Severe asthma.
- High or Low Blood Pressure.
- If you are taking prescribed mediation.
- Heart conditions.
- Skin infections.
- Undiagnosed lumps or swelling.
Please let me know if you have any of the below before the treatment so i can modify the massage.
- Cuts and bruises.
- Localised skin infections.
- Allergies- especially nut allergies.
After your treatment you may experience the following:
- You may have a headache or feel light headed, dizzy, or nauseous- this is because your body is reacting to the massage and releasing built up toxins.
- There may be an aching or soreness in your muscles as the nerve fibres in your muscles respond to the massage.
- There may be redness on your body after the massage- this is where the blood flow is increased to help reduce aching and knotted muscles.
- You may experience cold-like symptoms-ie a runny nose. This is due to the toxins being released from your body.
- You may find you have a heightened emotional state- feel like impulsively laughing or crying. This is an emotional reaction to the release of toxins from your body.
All of the above is completely normal and symptoms should disappear after 12-24 hours. If any of the symptoms persist for longer than this time period you should contact your doctor. If you experience redness, itching, swelling and/or stinging on your body you should contact your doctor immediately.
After your treatment ensure you:
- Drink lots of water as you will be dehydrated.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine as these will dehydrate you further.
- Have a light meal.
- Get an early night and plenty of rest to give your body a chance to recharge.
- Practice stress relieving techniques- such as yoga or meditation.
- Practice breathing and relaxation exercises as outlined in a further leaflet to help relieve stress and tension from your body.
And most importantly RELAX….